- Establish itself as a leading consortium-type collaborative research institute in the area of information and knowledge engineering in New Zealand.
- Establish itself internationally as a high profile research institute in the area of information and knowledge engineering.
- Create a bridge between advanced research and postgraduate and undergraduate study at AUT and nationally, through research informed teaching.
- Attract significant research funds both in New Zealand and internationally.
- Attract postgraduate students and link their work to research projects.
- Develop advanced methods and techniques for information engineering and knowledge discovery that are of high significance in the subject area.
- Publish results in top international journals, thus promoting internationally the science and technology of New Zealand.
- Create new intellectual property for the benefit of New Zealand.
- Invite researchers at the level of postdoctoral fellow from overseas for different periods of time and encourage them to publish results internationally.
- Promote information and knowledge engineering technologies across faculties and groups at AUT. Act as an incubator for research projects.
- Act as a link between academic research and commercial partners.
- Organise workshops, seminars and short courses.
The NeuGroup is working on:
The Brain Data Analysis Group is working on:
The Bio & Health Informatics Group is working on:
The Data Mining & Big Data Group is working on:
The Signal Processing & Pattern Recognition Group is working on:
The Study of Creativity Group is working on: