Dhvani K Shah
Dhvani Shah is currently pursuing her PhD under the supervision of Prof. Nikola Kasabov and Prof. Grace Wang. Her topic of research is “Deep learning in brain-inspired spiking neural networks for deep knowledge discovery on case studies of brain spatiotemporal data”.
Her study focuses on the development of new methodology for deep learning and deep knowledge representation of brain data, such as EEG and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) as spatiotemporal brain data. Her aim would be designing a new computational model for deep learning and deep knowledge representation will be developed based on spiking neural networks.
The study will apply the proposed methods on two case study brain data related to cognitive performance and depression.
Links to relevant webpages:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.nz/citations?user=eWd9t_AAAAAJ&hl=en
Masters of Engineering in Information Technology (M.E. IT) (First Class Honours) from University of Mumbai, India (2015)
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology (B.E IT) from University of Mumbai, India (2013)
Minor Research Grant of Rs. 20,000 on 26th March, 2018 from University of Mumbai for Car for Smart Cities using Raspberry Pi: Smart Car
Microsoft Azure Sponsorship for $5000 on 29th September, 2017 for Sentimental Analysis on Images.
Stood 7th at Smart India Hackathon, India under the Ministry of Railways (2017)
Published book: IoT based Biometric SaaS using Raspberry Pi on Azure platform, ISBN: 978-3-330-03315-3, Lambert Academic Publishing, UK
- Deep Learning using Tensorflow at Finolex Academy Management and Technology, 10th – 11th August, 2018
- Four-day workshop on Python Programming, STTP held at Thadomal Shahani College of Engineering, 2nd – 8th January, 2018
- Building Real-time Data Processing IoT Applications using Amazon Web Services, STTP held at St. John College of Engineering and Management, 2-6 May, 2017
- Three day workshop on Learning Data Science using Python, IEEE sponsored held at St.John College of Engineering and Management, 29th June – 1st July, 2017
- Two-day workshop on The Fundamentals of Raspberry Pi, St. John College of Engineering and Technology, 7-8 January, 2016.
- Two-day workshop on PyCodify Learn Python, Code Python, St. John College of Engineering and Technology, 18-19 March, 2016.
- 42 hours hands-on workshop on Python, St. John College of Engineering and Technology, 7-15 July, 2016
- 8 hours hands-on workshop on Django framework, St. John College of Engineering and Technology, 23 September, 2016
- Two-day workshop on The Fundamentals of Raspberry Pi, St. John College of Engineering and Technology, 6-7 October, 2015.
Spiking Neural Networks
- Design and Implementation of Car for Smart Cities-Intelligent Car Prototype, ICSCSP, Springer Proceedings, 2018
- Urban Planning Based on Air and Sound Quality Monitoring System, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering & Research (IJRTER), Volume 04, Issue 03; March- 2018 [ISSN: 2455-1457]
- Implementing Signature Recognition System as SaaS on Microsoft Azure Cloud, Data Management, Analytics and Innovation. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 808. Springer Proceedings, 2018
- Recommender System for Shopping: A Design for Smart Malls, Data Management, Analytics and Innovation. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 839. Springer Proceedings, 2018
- Machine Learning for Personality Analysis based on Big Five Model, Data Management, Analytics and Innovation. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 839. Springer Proceedings, 2018
- An Assistive HealthBot using Deep Learning: Conversation as a Service, ICACIE (International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering), Springer Proceedings 2017
- IoT based Intelligent Assistive Robot, ICCUBEA-2017(IEEE)
- IoT based Multifunctional Robot using Raspberry Pi, ICRACSIT 2017 organized at Pune.
- Comparative Study of Diverse Zero- Knowledge Argument Systems, SAPIENCE 2016 (IEEE)
- IoT based Biometrics Implementation on Raspberry Pi, Elsevier Procedia, 2016
- End-to-End Encryption based Biometric SAAS using Raspberry Pi as Remote Authentication Node, ICCUBEA-2015 (IEEE) organized at PCCOE, Pune.
- Security Enhancement for Data Transmission in 3G/4G Networks, ICCUBEA-2015 (IEEE) organized at PCCOE, Pune.
- Implementing Enhanced AES for cloud based Biometric SaaS using Raspberry Pi as a Remote Authentication Node, International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS) – ISSN: 2249-0868, Feb 2015.